Friday 12 October 2012

Here We Go Again!

So, here we are yet again! It’s the day before another competition, and another week of peak week has flown by! I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since my first competition, and I’m really excited to hit the stage again tomorrow! (Although curse those trembling lips! I just keep repeating to myself that no one can see them shaking—even if it’s not true, I have to tell myself that!) I’m excited to see what I look like tomorrow(although I’ll probably look exactly the same as I did last week, just with better hair and makeup!), and I’m very anxious to see how they score me this time and what they have to say about where I should improve. I’m really glad I decided to do this second competition, if only for the feedback! (Plus, this time, I’ll have Sophia and my hubby in the audience, so it will be nice to know people came out just to support me!)

As you all know, I had an incredible photo shoot on Monday with the extremely talented David Ford, and today, I have another shoot (my last L) with Pink Elephant. First, I’m getting my hair and makeup done by my wonderful hair stylist at Honey Dome (hopefully, my hair and eye makeup will last until the end of tomorrow!), then it’s off to shoot, and THEN, it’s time for the athletes check-in and meeting to find out the schedule of events for tomorrow. I really hate how they don’t tell you the sequence of events until the night before (is Bikini at the beginning or the end? They have to at least know that now!), but that can’t be changed! This time, I’ll be there nice and early so I’ll have enough time for my meals and maybe meet some of the other competitors (or just relax with my earbuds in). I’ve tweaked my posing a little, and this time, I get to do all the poses I’d practised! I hope the stage is as non-scary as it was last time, but I’ll make it through there somehow!

My meals are packed for tomorrow (this it the “so…much…food…”part of the prep!), and I’m feeling good and ready. My weight is down to exactly where it was last Friday, and in a surprising twist, Layne was getting really sappy yesterday, saying how he’s so proud to have been a part of my journey and how I’ve been doing a great job! (Sorry, in his words, a “GREAT”job!) This is really unlike him (he’s not one to flatter his clients for no reason), so when he says things like this, it’s because he actually means them (aww!). I personally don’t think I’ve done anything extraordinary over these past 13 weeks (I just stuck to his plan!), but I’m happy at where I am right now too! That being said, I’m looking forward to the offseason! Just a change in diet and training will be very welcome, and over the last week especially, I’ve started to feel weaker and weaker in the gym (we’ve been manipulating my macronutrient intake every day, so I think my body is a little confused at the moment!). I like feeling STRONG in the gym and lifting heavier and heavier (and I miss DOMS so much!), so I’m excited to be back in full force next week!

I’ll of course keep everyone updated on the comp as tomorrow progresses (check my Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Thanks again for all your support! I’ll do my best to make you all proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment